What to bring to your bankruptcy consultation:
Last two years tax returns both Federal and State returns with W-2s.
Last six (6) months of current pay stubs with year-to-date income and any additional pay stub received until case is filed with the court.
Employer’s name, address, phone number, how long employed
All debts including all loan papers and payment books (most recent statement or name, address, account #, amount owed, date incurred), notices from collection agencies or attorneys family members or friends money is owed to
Deeds to real estate, Copy of signed Deed of Trust or Residential Lease agreement if renting
Copy of insurance cards and policies covering automobiles; house and or other property
Name, address & phone # of insurance agents:
- Cars—Make, Model, Miles on the vehicle, Creditor for vehicle if still owe on it, any needed repairs
Bank accounts: Bank statement from every account owned or has your name on it
- Name of bank/institution, address Account number Balance
- Closed accounts within one year: same information, balance as of date of closing
Most recent retirement account statement and investments statements.
IRAs, 401K, 403B, Pension Accounts, Roth IRAs
Sale or transfer of property within one year:
- Name, address, relationship to buyer, description of property, value
Gifts within one year:
- Charity: If over $100 to one organization
- Family: If over $200 to one individual
- Name, address, relationship to recipient, description of gift, value
Household goods (garage sale or auction prices), list item and value
Payments to any one creditor over $600 within last 90 days:
- Name, address, dates, amount paid, amount still owing
Lawsuits, garnishments, repossessions foreclosures etc within one year
Prior address if moved within last two years, List all addresses lived at the last two years
Budget (monthly average) food, utilities, insurance, medical, transportation, gasoline, vehicle repairs, childcare, pet care, tobacco, health and beauty expenses, etc.